Monday 4 July 2011

Reflective Writing: Movement Exploration Day 1

Heart Opening
Focusing on movement explorations offered in 'The Dynamics of Flow: The Fluid System of the Body' by Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen (1993), and the wonderful words & wisdom by Sandra Sabatini in 'breath the essence of yoga' (2000) I move in shallow sea water.

Heart opens to the world... seeing clearly inside myself, seeing clearness inside me... breath becomes shape and sudden, I gasp, as the cold waves touch my surface, I gasp and gasp. Sit bones going home to the earth, to the water...

Clean... still... pure... happy... peace...

The sun comes out from behind the clouds and begins to warm me, I no longer feel the cold in the water, my surface has moulded with its surface... Coming to stillness I hear and visualise rivers and waterfalls, oceans and ponds making the journey to and from my heart.

Complete stillness in all the movement... Completeness. Suns rays reflecting, shinning on the water like crystals. Beauty, this is beauty, the most beautiful experience... I'm glad you found me...

Went to a yoga class after my movement practice, we did some heart opening in class but it was in relaxation at the end that I had a really clear image, and strong sensation in my heart centre; heart chakra opening like the petals of a flower, gold & red, radiating out in four directions through my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment