Tuesday 2 August 2011

Floating in a Sea of Amniotic Fluid..

Exploring the area, the beaches and the sea, I find little rock ponds and small bays created by the sea; the sea carving these spaces as water creates, forms, shapes, sculpts the land around us, upon which we stand..

'Water is the major component of the planet's surface, sculpting and redistributing the soil' (Olsen: 2002).

'In addition to being the distinguishing constitutive element of the Earth, water is also an active and powerful substance, having quite literally shaped our planet over millions of years, carving landscapes, sculpting valleys, modelling mountains' (Paolo Consigli, MD: 2008).

Moving with a plan to explore stage three: sitting, stage four: front lying and stage five: side lying & back floating (moving on the regression from land to water) from Sandra Fraleigh's 'Land to Water Yoga' (2009), I experience and write..

...moving in the little rock pond created by the sea.. giving in, giving into weight, giving weight to water. I am tossed around by the current like a piece of seaweed, my core holding me in place while the sea throws my legs and arms, my periphery around with ease... ripples run through my body as I cling to a rock for stability.. I begin to explore the rocks, like a lizard, sea lion, seal I explore my territory, light steps with my paws, playful, creeping, inquisitive...

Always drawn to the sounds, the sounds of the sea, the sounds it creates, it vibrates.. When my whole head goes under the sea I can hear the sounds of the vast ocean beneath..  the sound of the sea tossing sand and shells underneath it's surface, the surface upon which it lies.. as I lie with my ears under the water floating on the surface, again giving into weight, the sounds enter my ear, the sounds of the world within the ocean, the sound of sand and shells salsa stepping sings through my ears, down my ear canals and into my belly, filling my belly..

I can't recall being a foetus developing in a sea of amniotic fluid but my subconscious memory seems to know this place.. making me consciously aware of the connection, the feeling of floating in amniotic fluid.. as I give into the the water, as I allow it to float me, to hold me, to nurture, to grow me, I know this place... I have a memory of floating in amniotic fluid (see video documentation 3 http://vimeo.com/27438474).

'Some physicists have hypothesized that water, under specific conditions, has the ability to retain a sort of "vibrational memory"(Paolo Consigli, MD: 2008). Biologist Jacques Benveniste discovered, in an experiment with a drug for allergic reactions that 'water was somehow able to record and transmit information probably electromagnetic in nature. This property was later dubbed "water memory"(Paolo Consigli, MD: 2008).

No comments:

Post a Comment