Tuesday 2 August 2011

Hola

I've been away in Spain for 10 days - 4 days of soulful sea and self exploration on the coast of Nerja, Andalucia and then 6 days in the Andalucian mountains on a blissful yoga holiday at Molino Del Rey (www.molinodelrey.com) both exceeding all expectations..  So I have several reflections, thoughts and observations.

I arrive at Hostal Tres Soles (three souls) to a room with a balcony over looking the sea... I sit for a while to watch little starling birds dance effortlessly over the the shore, darting in and out of evergreen trees, held by the air and surrounded by the sea..

I woke on my first day with no movement or fluid to support movement in my joints, every time I tried to sit or stand I needed to flop back down into a lying position where I could be completely supported by the earth (or the bed at this point). I tried waking, energising, mobilising myself and my joints with some gentle movement and yoga postures but even this felt impossible.. I thought to just go back to bed and sleep more, I obviously needed the rest but didn't wish to waste a minute of my time here, I then thought of coffee.. I headed out into the warm air and bright blue sky, stopping to watch the sea.. When I returned I didn't need the coffee the earths natural energy had woke me, woke my fluids, invoked my senses.. I questioned my tiredness and lack of mobility, then thinking of the pressure from the plane and sitting for 5 hours on a bus from Malaga to Nerja the day before - I further query how machines, man made objects had weakened my fluid system and the walk in a natural environment had strengthened my body, my fluids, my being.. I love the following thought of not spending any time over the next 10 days sat at a computer or spent sitting in a car, on a train, near a tv...  

No comments:

Post a Comment