Thursday 4 August 2011

Wonderland!

I arrive at Molino Del Rey in the Andalucian mountains tucked away in a valley surrounded by huge peaks that last for miles and miles. Molino Del Rey (www.molinodelrey.com) is a centre for holistic retreats run by a lovely couple Anthony and Lidia, and their son Dimitri. But we are not on a retreat, it's a yoga holiday with Danielle our gracious yoga teacher and 14 dedicated, delightful students most who haven't met before. The centre is stunning (to say the least), it's a dream land, every conner you turn there stands another beautiful Buddha statue or a bright painting, some of the paintings amalgamating with rock or stone and are all painted by the lovely Lidia. Caves have been carved out of the valley moulding into the centre's walls making it the haven, or heaven that it is... the centre submerges into (or out of) the land... but what is most amazing about the centre (alongside the food) is that a spring, a natural waterfall circles the whole centre, weaving in and through its structure... pouring out of rock crevasses... an ever flowing natural fountain that you can dip your hands into and drink... drink straight from the spring... I am in wonderland!

 

We begin our yoga holiday on the afternoon we arrive with a ying class and meditation. I'm new to meditation but have known it is a practice I will turn to in my investigations of yoga, dance, the body, mind and spirituality... after meditation I write...

light in the centre of my forehead... wave like rhythm runs through my body as I sit in stillness... sways my spine, rocks me like a newborn.. In a trance but aware... aware of my environment, where I am, Danielle's voice, a voice of guidance... aware of others in the space around me, not by their sound but through their silence... light, a pulsating light in my forehead, in my third eye chakra, a kaleidoscopic light opening, spreading, shaping... vision of a sun sitting on a horizon...  

No comments:

Post a Comment